E-mail: Interivew with Taxi Driver about the Olympics

I conducted an interview with a taxi driver about his thoughts on the Olympics. Enjoy!

我:你好。你叫什么名字?

hello,what’s your name?

司机:你好。我叫王杰。

driver: Hello,My name is WangJie

我:你是做什么工作的?

What do you work for?

司机:我是一名出租车司机

I am a taxi driver.

我:奥运接近了北京你感到了什么变化?

What kind of changes have you noticed in Beijing in the mounth leading up to the Olympics?

司机:啊。变化太大了。城市建设和人们的精神面貌都发生了很大的变化。

oh,yes,it is great changes in Beijing.the urban construction and the mental outlook all had changed a lot.

我:你认为大家对北京的改变是否是同一种方式?

Do you think that everyone experiences the changes the same way?

司机:恩 是的

en,yes.

我:你认为会有人会被奥运负面的影响么?如果是的话会是谁?为什么?

Do you think someone poeple will be negatively affected by the Olympics,if so who and why?

司机:可能会有,因为人很多。什么样的情况都有可能发生。奥运一开,给大家交通,生活带来很多不便。但还是少数人不会理解

Maybe, because there are too many people so anything could happen. Olympics also may bring some traffic trouble or life troubles. Maybe a few people can’t understand.

我:奥林匹克运动会让你感到为中国自豪么?

Has the Olympics made you feel more proud of China and if so why?

司机:是的,因为是全世界的活动,大家都很自豪。

Yes, Because it is the global activity, all the Chinese people feel proud.

我 :你买过奥运纪念物么?

Had you bought any Olympic souveneirs?

恩,买过,现在我车里挂的福娃就是奥运纪念物。

yes,now you can see the cosmat hanging in my car.

我:那我能给你照一张相么?

so, can I take a picture of you?

司机:哦,可以。

oh,yes.

我:你对奥运的哪项运动最感兴趣?为什么?

Which sports will you follow most in the Beijing Olympics and why?

司机:我100栏,刘翔的这个。还有中国男篮。姚明他们是不是会来。还有中国足球是否会走向世界。

I’m really interesting about 100 meters jump a hurdle like LiuXiang ,and Chinese men’s basketball, If YaoMing will come and whether Chinese footballer can step to the world.

我:你对谁最感兴趣呢?

Who do you most interesting?

司机:刘翔,姚明

LiuXiang, YaoMing.

我:为什么呢

Why?

司机:因为他们不但为我们中国人争光,也为亚洲人争光。

Because they not only brings honor for our Chinese, also brings honor for the Asian.

我:北京奥运对你有什么个人的影响么?

What impact has the Beijing Olympics had on you, personally?

司机:我是一名司机,奥运对交通加强了管制,影响了我的一些收入。但是毕竟是世界的活动。而且我们可以看到比赛

You see I’m a driver, Olympic Games strengthened the control to the transportation, It has affected my income. But it is the world activity after all so moreover we may see the competition.

我:你对北京奥运有什么担心的地方么?

What worries, if any,do you have about the Olympics?

司机:有。虽然有安全措施,但是避免不了有一些恐怖分子得蓄意破坏。

Yes, Even though there has security measure, But may not avoid some terrorist sabotage.

我:你认为在电视前看奥运和远离现场看有什么不一样的地方么?

What impressions about China do you hope foreigners who attend the Olympics or watch them on televisions take away with them?

司机:电视看的是画面,在现场时身临其境。感受下当场气氛

Well, In the TV, we just watch the some moving pictures, but, Is experiences personally in the scene. Feeling on the scene atmosphere.

我:你自己也会经常做运动么?

Do you often do some sports? What kind?

司机:是的经常.散步,游泳,打乒乓球。

Yes, I often do some walking, swimming, play ping-pong.

我:你大概每周做几小时的运动?

How many hours a week do you spend on there activities?

司机:基本上每天都要活动。

Mostly every day.

我:你认为健身是爱国的责任得表现么?

Do you see fitness as a patriotic duty?If so why?

司机:是的

Yes.

我:现在的社会竞争是残酷的。奥林匹克运动会是竞争为主的比赛。你是怎么看待奥林匹克运动会里的竞争的?

To be sure, competition lies at the heart of the Olympics and just about all sporting events. What do you think of the competitions in the Olmpic?

司机:竞争就有胜有负,中国提倡友谊第一比赛第二。但是还是赢了比较好

If has the compitition, there will have the winner and loser. The Chinese advocate friendship first competes second. But I still hope we can win.

我:你认为太多的竞争是不是会不好?

How can too much competition be bad?

司机:竞争本身没有不好的地方。身为运动员也有失败的时候。

Competition itself is not a mistake. Because the athlete also has defeat’s time.

我:很多人说中国人没有团队合作精神。你认为奥运来了能改变么?

Some people say Chinese people don’t know how to work well as a team. Do you think the Olympics has changed the concept of “teams” and “teamwork” in China?

司机:肯定因为奥林匹克能到北京来是很不容易的。奥运来了是运动员更有向心力

Of course it can change. It is not easy for the Olympics will be hold in Beijing.Becasue of the Olympic,The athlete will has centripetal force.

我:你注意到外国人开始多了么?

Are you more aware of other country’s now that many of them are coming to Beijing?

司机:是的每天都能看

yes, Mostly everyday I can see

我:你对那些国家的人最感兴趣?

Which country’s person are you most interested to ?

司机:每个国家都感兴趣,对于那些先进的发达国家更感兴趣,是要学习他们的文化文明。

I’m interested in every countries’ person, more interesting about the people from developed countries. We can konw about their countries ‘culture.

我:你曾经注意过非中国运动员么?

Are you rooting for any non-Chinese athletes?

司机:注意了很多,像美国NBA的球星。

Yes, Many, such like the super star of NBA.

我:你认为奥运歌曲会被选定为哪个呢?哪首歌对你来说最有意义?

What do you think about the proposed olympic songs? Which ones should be chosen?What it means to you?

司机:我听得很少,我对音乐不是太敏感,我对这方面发表不了什么看法。

I have no idea about this question.

我:谢谢你

thank you!

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s